Friday 3 February 2012

Recipe: Watermelon Salad with Olives, Feta and Cucumber

This recipe was given to me by my dietician Susie Burrell who prefers low carb low maintenance types of cooking. I had it for lunch yesterday (along with tuna and corn thins) and it was great. The dressing doesn't look like much but you don't need extra because of the moisture in the olives and watermelon.
I gave this to Mr R. last night and he even said he could take this to work for lunch - that can't be right I think I'll have to get my hearing checked.
For the lactose freebies - you can get lactose free feta - I got an organic one from Whole Foods but also saw it in Coles.

Serves 4
- 4 cups watermelon, diced
- 12 black olives, pitted
- 100 g feta, crumbled or chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, sliced
Dressing
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil

1. Toss all ingredients
2. Eat

:)

1 comment: