Sunday 18 December 2011

Recipe: Sweet and Spicy Coleslaw

This is another addition to my Christmas lunch because I just recently got this book for my birthday.. Thanks Mr R.! Indulge by Rowie Dillon - completely gluten free cook book.
Superman is going to have to shred the cabbage, last time I was let loose with the cutter I sliced off part of my thumb :p


Sweet and Spicy Coleslaw
Serves 4

250 g red cabbage, finely shredded
250 g green cabbage, finely shredded
2 carrots, peeled and grated
1 white onion, grated

Dressing
1/4 cup whole egg mayonnaise (S&W is gf)
1 tbs Dijon mustard (Masterfoods is gf)
2 tsps apple cider vinegar
1 tbs caster sugar
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper

Combine cabbages, carrot and onion in a large bowl.
For the dressing, whisk together mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, sugar and peppers.
Add dressing to the slaw and toss. Cover and leave in fridge for at least 2 hours to allow flavours to develop. Toss slaw again before serving.

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment