Wednesday 7 December 2011

Recipe: Tiramisù

This recipe is from my "italian mamma" who lives in Mantua, Lombardy. I went on exchange when I was 16 here and have stayed in touch. Giovanna is famous for her tiramisù, and makes this often. I will try and find some of her other recipes in my paperwork to post here. It is so easy, and so tasty. Please excuse the clumsy directions, I translated it from italian.

NB: To make gluten free: I have just found gf savoiardi (Schär brand, called Ladyfingers) in T. Dux

Tiramisù

For 4-6 ppl

1 cup of weak coffee
4 eggs
4-6 tbs of caster sugar
500g marscapone
4-6 tbs brandy
300g savoiardi (aka ladyfingers)
powdered bitter cocoa
  1. mix egg YOLKS and ~3tbs sugar together well (keep 2 WHITES aside for step 3)
  2. add to this the marscapone and 2-3 tbs brandy (check for sweetness, add more sugar if necessary)
  3. beat 2 egg whites until well beaten, and add to mixture
  4. in a shallow bowl, put the weak coffee, 2-3 tbs brandy and 2-3tbs sugar - make sure everything dissolved
  5. dip the savoiardi lightly into the bowl, and place them side by side in a pyrex dish (as a layer)
  6. on top of this, put a layer of the marscapone mixture
  7. repeat 5&6 until all used up - with marscapone as last layer
  8. dust cocoa on top and put in fridge for 2 hours.
  9. EAT

No comments:

Post a Comment